Project Open Hand is a partnership of volunteers, donors, and staff working to provide vital nourishment to people living with HIV/AIDS, Seniors, and Homebound individuals living with serious illness. Project Open Hand serves nutritious noontime meals to seniors at sites throughout San Francisco. Senior Lunch Program volunteers assist the Senior Site Coordinators with administering the lunch program.
- Assist Site Coordinator with daily lunchroom preparation, such as, but not limited to, setting and arranging tables and chairs, preparing hot and cold beverages, and greeting clients at the site.
- Assist Site Coordinator with portioning and serving food to senior participants.
- Assist with client registration at front desk.
- Assist with kitchen and dining room clean up.
- Assist with activities, such as, but not limited to bingo, crafts, and special classes.
- Volunteer must be at least fifteen (15) years of age.
- Volunteer must be capable of standing for long periods.
- Volunteer must be able to lift at least 20 lbs.
- Volunteer must demonstrate the ability to work with others.
- Volunteer must show proof of a negative Tuberculosis screening.
- Volunteer must be willing to commit to six (6) months.