Project Open Hand is a partnership of volunteers, donors, and staff working to provide vital nourishment to people living with HIV/AIDS, seniors, and homebound people living with serious illness. Special Events volunteers work with the Director of Special Events and staff on a myriad of tasks for events that raise funds for Project Open Hand’s meal and nutrition services.
- Work with Events staff to perform tasks as assigned. Tasks such as, but not limited to, stuffing envelopes, pouring beverages, and staffing registration tables. Tasks vary widely from event to event.
- Represent Project Open Hand to members of the public in a diplomatic and courteous manner.
- Attend orientations before events if required.
- Arrive at specified times and locations ready to perform the assigned tasks.
- Wear appropriate dress for the event, as specified by Events staff.
- Volunteer must be a volunteer in good standing.
- Volunteer must be reliable (have good shift attendance).
- Volunteer must have good oral communication skills.
- Volunteer must be able to remain calm under pressure.
- Volunteer must be able to follow directions in a fast paced and often changing environment.
- Volunteer must be able to interact with a variety of individuals in culturally diverse environments.
- On some occasions, volunteers may be required to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Volunteer must not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol before and during the event.