- Work with Events staff to perform tasks as assigned. Tasks such as, but not limited to, stuffing envelopes, pouring beverages, and staffing registration tables. Tasks vary widely from event to event.
- Represent Project Open Hand to members of the public in a diplomatic and courteous manner.
- Attend orientations before events if required.
- Arrive at specified times and locations ready to perform the assigned tasks.
- Wear appropriate dress for the event, as specified by Events staff.
- Volunteer must be a volunteer in good standing.
- Volunteer must be reliable (have good shift attendance).
- Volunteer must have good oral communication skills.
- Volunteer must be able to remain calm under pressure.
- Volunteer must be able to follow directions in a fast paced and often changing environment.
- Volunteer must be able to interact with a variety of individuals in culturally diverse environments.
- On some occasions, volunteers may be required to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Volunteer must not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol before and during the event.
- Volunteer must be comfortable interacting with a variety of individuals in a culturally diverse environment.
- Volunteer must be at least fifteen (15) years of age.
If you have questions about volunteering at Special Events, please call our Special Events hotline at 415-447-2316 or email our Events Team.