Project Open Hand is a partnership of volunteers, donors, and staff working to provide vital nourishment to people living with HIV/AIDS, Seniors, and Homebound individuals living with serious illness. Kitchen volunteers work with the Volunteer Coordinator and the Kitchen staff to complete those tasks necessary to provide meals for our clients.
- Food preparation such as, but not limited to, chopping, slicing, dicing, peeling, grating, and/or mincing of vegetables for the kitchen chefs.
- Labeling meal containers for delivery.
- Packing prepared hot meals in containers.
- Packing desserts for delivery routes.
- Packing frozen meals in groups of seven for delivery.
- Volunteer must be at least fifteen (15) years of age.
- Volunteer must be capable of standing for long periods.
- Volunteer must be able to lift at least 20 lbs.
- Volunteer must be comfortable using kitchen utensils such as knives, peelers and other sharp tools.
- Volunteer must demonstrate the ability to work with others.
- Volunteer must show proof of a negative Tuberculosis screening.
- Volunteer must be willing to commit to six (6) months.