Help fill our most urgent volunteer needs in San Francisco.
Please review our guidelines before signing up for a shift.
- COVID-19 Guidelines: Check your health prior to arriving to your scheduled volunteer shift and wear a mask or face covering at all times. If you feel sick, please stay home.
- Minimum Age Requirement: 15 years old
- Community Service Hours: If you have court-ordered community service hours to complete, you MUST notify Volunteer Services via email [email protected].
Help prepare and package meals
Tasks include packaging and labeling prepared meals in containers and assembling frozen-meal bags. Volunteers must:
- Practice safe steps in food handling and preparation: wear protective gear (hats/hairnet, beard guard, and gloves) during entire shift and thoroughly wash and sanitize hands.
- Be able to lift up to 25 lbs. and stand for the entire shift as sitting on stools and chairs pose a safety risk to everyone in the new kitchen layout.
- Follow all instructions and directions given by staff, whose main goals are the quality of the meals and safety of clients, volunteers and staff alike.
To sign-up for a recurring volunteer shift, please submit our Volunteer Inquiry Form.
If you are looking for a different way to help, we are accepting the following donations:
- New, unopened Toiletries
- Birthday or Holiday cards
- Food donations. We accept foods from licensed or regulated food service providers (restaurants, grocers, bakeries, etc).
Questions? Email [email protected].