December 2, 2016
- ½ cup oatmeal
- ½ cup low fat milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 small apple, diced
- In a medium bowl: mix oats, milk, ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon, and ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, until oats are soft and have absorbed most of the liquid.
- In a small bowl: mix yogurt with ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- In a tall glass or bowl: mix (or layer) the oatmeal, yogurt, and apples.
- Heat oatmeal in the microwave in the morning.
- Substitute low fat milk with another milk alternative of choice.
- Add extra spices such as hazelnut and nutmeg for more flavor.
- Add granola or mixed nuts for a little crunch.