It is through the tireless dedication of our volunteers that Project Open Hand is able to nourish our community and answer the call of people in need.
- Kitchen: Help us with meal assembly, packaging and other general meal preparation. Learn more.
- Grocery Center: Help sort and pack food in our warehouse, or help provide clients with their weekly groceries. Learn more.
- Delivery: Help deliver meals with love. Deliveries can be done alone or in pairs, walking or by car. Learn more.
- Meal Site: Help create a warm and welcoming atmosphere for our senior clients and adults with disabilities. Learn more.
- Time Commitment: Please be ready to make a 3-month commitment to a weekly shift (or 40 hours per semester for students).
- Minimum Age: 15 years old
- Proof of Tuberculosis (TB) Test: Test within the last year is accepted.
- Health Guidelines: Check your health prior to arriving to your scheduled volunteer shift. If you feel sick, please stay home.
- Community Service Hours: If you have court-ordered community service hours to complete, you MUST notify Volunteer Services via email [email protected]
To move forward with a weekly placement, please submit our Volunteer Inquiry Form, and a volunteer coordinator will be in touch.
If you are not able to commit to a weekly shift or want to try a drop-in shift first, please sign up for one of our Hot Spot shifts.