Project Open Hand Wellness Programs serve the sick and vulnerable who need nutritious food to support their medical treatment. Our evidence-based research proves that nutritious Food is Medicine. For our neighbors fighting illness, good nutrition can help them heal quicker, get stronger faster, and lead healthier lives.
- Medically-Tailored Meals: We provide nutritious meals to clients living with critical illness. Meals are available for pickup once a week in our San Francisco and Oakland locations. For clients who are homebound, we offer home-delivered meals. Wellness Program Menu
- Fresh Groceries: For clients and caregivers who are able to prepare meals, we offer fresh, healthy groceries available for pickup once a week.
- Mobile Groceries: For clients who are unable to travel to our locations, our mobile van provides fresh groceries and frozen meals at mobile locations throughout San Francisco and Oakland.
- Nutrition counseling and education: To activate services with Project Open Hand, clients receive a nutrition and wellness assessment from our Registered Dietitians to guarantee our medically-tailored meals fully support their dietary needs. Our dietitians offer regular check-ins and continued nutrition guidance, recipes and recommendations for improved health outcomes.
- Visit “How to Apply” to learn if you, a family member, or friend is eligible for services. Download our Client Application Form.
Contact Client Services if you have additional questions or concerns:
- San Francisco (800) 551-6325 or (415) 447-2326.
- Alameda County (Oakland) (510) 622-0221.