Help fill our most urgent volunteer needs!
- Vaccine Requirement: Provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to your scheduled shift or in-person on the day of your shift.
- Health Guidelines: Check your health prior to arriving to your scheduled shift and wear a mask at all times. If you feel sick, please stay home.
- Minimum Age Requirement: 15 years old
- Community Service Hours: If you have court-ordered community service hours to complete, you MUST notify Volunteer Services via email [email protected].
Volunteers must:- Practice safe steps in food handling and preparation: wear protective gear (hats/hairnet, beard guard, and gloves) during entire shift and thoroughly wash and sanitize hands.- Follow all instructions given by staff, whose main goals are the quality of the meals and safety of clients, volunteers and staff alike.- Be able to lift up to 25 lbs. and stand for the entire shift.
Prepare and Package Meals
Dining Out For Life (DOFL) is an annual fundraising event where participating restaurants donate a portion of their dining sales to Project Open Hand.
Volunteer your time to represent Project Open Hand at one of our participating restaurants. On the day of the event, ambassadors will engage diners at their assigned restaurant to increase awareness of POH’s services, answer questions, encourage donations & volunteerism and thank guests. Sign-up below.
- Attend a virtual training on Wednesday 9/21, 12pm – 1pm or Thursday 9/22, 6:30 – 7:30pm
- Have a strong understanding of Project Open Hand history & services, or be willing to learn
- Must be comfortable speaking with strangers at assigned restaurant
If you are looking for a different way to help, we are accepting the following donations:
- New, unopened Toiletries
- Birthday or Holiday cards
- Food donations. We accept foods from licensed or regulated food service providers (restaurants, grocers, bakeries, etc).
Questions? Email [email protected].