Baked Acorn Squash
2 Acorn Squash, quartered and seeds removed
Pinch Salt and Pepper
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
4 tablespoons Butter
2 ounces Dried Cranberries, rough chopped
2 ounces Carrots, fine diced
2 ounces Celery, fine diced
2 ounces Onions, fine diced
2 ounces Parsley, chopped
4 cups cooked Wild Rice
1. Preheat oven to 350*.
2. Place quartered squash in a roasting pan with a tab of butter and oil inside of each.
3. Season squash with salt, pepper, cinnamon. Cover with foil and roast for 40 minutes until squash is tender.
4. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
5. In a small sauté pan heat remaining butter and sauté onions, celery, and carrots over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add parsley, cranberries and cooked wild rice. Heat for 2 minutes.
6. Allow rice mixture to cool to room temperature.
7. Spoon rice mix onto each quartered squash and pack tightly.
8. Place squash packed with rice back onto a roasting tray and cover with foil again.
9. Return to oven and cook at 350* for another 20 minutes.
This can be served as an entree or as a great side dish for the holidays (goes with with turkey or a roast.)