This sweet and savory corn pudding is a great side-dish to accompany your holiday meal.
Serves 8 people as a side dish
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, at room temperature
3 Tbsp. sugar
4 large eggs
1 1/2 cups low-fat milk
4 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed (about 19 oz.)*
2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
*You may substitute fresh, uncooked corn for frozen corn
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter 8x8x2-inch glass baking dish.
- Put butter and sugar into a food processor and cream together until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and blend thoroughly.
- Slowly pour in the milk in a steady stream with the motor running. Blend until milk is fully incorporated.
- Add corn and remaining ingredients and pulse in a few times until fully combined. DO NOT puree; the mixture should remain chunky.
- Pour batter into prepared dish.
- Bake pudding until brown and center is just set, about 45 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes; serve.