Fried rice with a healthy twist!
Below is our delicious recipe so you can recreate this meal with love in your own home.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- Blend cauliflower in a food processor or blender until it resembles the texture of rice (about 2-3 minutes), then set aside. Process for less time if you prefer a chunkier texture.
- Note: grate cauliflower using a cheese grater if you do not have a processor or blender).
- Mix soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger and white pepper in a bowl and set aside.
- Beat eggs until scrambled in a small bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a medium skillet then add eggs. Once cooked, remove from heat and dice eggs in small pieces.
- Heat remaining tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large pan. Sautee onion in pan for roughly 3 minutes then add broccoli and carrots and cook until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in cauliflower, eggs, onion, and soy sauce mixture until cauliflower is tender (roughly 4 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Other Vegetables to Add: corn, peas, zucchini, mushrooms, bell pepper, celery, bean sprouts, cabbage, green beans.
To Cook in a Rice Cooker: Layer in the following order: oil, garlic, onion, cauliflower, carrots, broccoli, egg, soy sauce, sesame oil, ground ginger, and white pepper. Cook for 1 cycle and stir. Cook for another cycle if needed.
Image sourced from The Food Charlatan.